HOT YOGA!
Ever since starting this practice, I was so mad at myself for not discovering it earlier. I love to do yoga but I felt as if it wasn't challenging me enough. I heard about hot yoga by doing some research on the internet. It's benefits are great with only has one downside; I'll give a brief history and talk about what I have gained since starting it.Known as Bikram yoga it was founded by Bikram Choudhury. It became popular in the 1970's and it uses traditional hatha yoga techniques. It is usually practiced in a heated room of 105 degrees Farhenheit (40.6 Celcius).
Before you decide to take a Bikram class, do your research by looking at the rating for the places that you have considered going to. Membership is also important so before you decide to join, try getting a day pass to make sure that you like the place. Do no be discouraged to join because it is for all ages, sizes and level of knowledge in the practice. Yoga is definitely beneficial for everyone who practices it. The point is to be comfortable with your body and to take it at your own pace.
CLOTHING, is very important because you want to make sure that what you wear will be comfortable and stretchy. I always just resort to a pair of yoga shorts and a sports bra, or tank top. The room is very, very hot so you want your body to be able to breathe and sweat without bothering you.
THE HEAT, being in a heated room is basically like sitting in a sauna. It helps to increase your blood flow, boost your metabolism. It is also beneficial to your internal organs and digestive system.
WEIGHT LOSS, although I did not join intending to lose weight I did lose 5 pounds. One should be careful when doing this practice because you lose a lot of water weight. I find it more beneficial to practice Bikram in the morning because it is a good way to wake up my body and get my mind ready for the rest of my day. It is also a good way to stretch before my morning run and workout (which I will address on another post later on this week).
MEDITATION, is one of the reasons why I practice yoga. It is a good way to have your mindset focused on positive feelings. Our everyday lives can get very busy and people do not usually have time to meditate. It also encourages me to listen to my body and believe in myself in order to perfect a certain posture.
HYDRATION! HYDRATION! HYDRATION! I would say that is is the only negative thing about Bikram yoga. Before you begin a class for the first time I would advise that you hydrate ALOT the day BEFORE you take the class. Your body will get ride of the toxins in the form of sweat and you should be constantly be hydrating yourself. We all know how it feels to be dehydrated and I don't think anyone willingly wants to go through symptoms.
I have been practicing Bikram yoga for a month now and my experience has been great. I would highly recommend it for every to at least try it, if your health permits you to do so.







That's awesome girl, I have always wanted to go for a few sauna sessions, but now I can do them both!!! Yoga and the whole sauna thing!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up!!! I love the whole thing about you growing your natural hair out as well, am trying to do the same without doing all the work! I can just follow you now :))
Thanks hun anytime, If there is something you would like me to write about feel free to let me know.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete